Equine Nutrition Workshop with Carol Layton
We are lucky enough to have Carol Layton, Equine Nutritionist coming to us for a full day workshop for only $110 per participant….
Carol is an independent equine nutritionist and lectures in equine nutrition for the nationally recognised Australian Certified Hoofcare Course and presents in conferences in Australia and overseas.
She will spend the day explaining how horses digest feed and what is optimal for their health and immune system, and what is not.
The aim is to make feeding as simple and cost effective as can be, optimise mineral ratios and prevent nutrient deficiences.
The topics covered will be –
- Equine digestion
- The Australian feed industry : An independent evaluation
- Why fibre matters
- Nutrients – protein, fats, carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins & electrolytes
- Feeding for hoof, coat and immune system health
- Understanding paeture, hay and the nutritian they provide, its not just roughage or filler
- Who are the NRC
- Limitations of soil, blood and hair testing
- Pasture and hay testing
- Insulin resistance IR / EMS and hindgut carbohydrate overload
- PPID / Cushings horses
- Understanding labels
- Common feed fads and myths
To book please click HERE